Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Happy Half Birthday, Ryan!


Hi Ryan,

Happy six months to you, my sweet baby boy! I cannot believe you are already six months. The time is going by too quickly. You are now able to sit up on your own for several minutes. However, once you hear something and turn to look, you topple right over. You sat up unaided for the first time on December 12. And you were so proud. You smiled and squealed. We were so proud of you. In fact, I think a 5K might be right around the corner.

Speaking of squealing...you LOVE to talk. Hmmm...I wonder who you got that trait from :) You like to mimic what we say to you, and you get such joy out of hearing yourself "talk." I cannot wait for those first words to be uttered. I am sure "mama" will be the first thing that comes out of your mouth.

And you are a little flirt. Again, I wonder where you learned (or inherited) that trait. You smile at all of the ladies at daycare, and then you quickly bury your head in my shoulder. I love it when you do that. I think you already know how cute you are!

You roll all over the place, and you love to be part of whatever is going on around you. You have already decided that you no longer like to sit in the bouncy chair, as it reclines too much for your liking. One of the things you love most is bath time. You kick your legs and scream with delight when the water splashes all over you. It is so fun to watch!

Charlie is still your number one fascination. You watch him and smile at anything he does. He loves to entertain you. And a few times he has hit you, and it makes you so sad (and us so mad!). Little man, with the way you are growing, I think Charlie might have to watch out when you get older...so, he better be nice now. Ha!

Christmas is in a few days, and Daddy and I are so excited for both of you. Charlie has asked for a bell (like in the Polar Express), a kitchen and a "fire" guitar. He wants for you to have some slippers and a baseball. I am not quite sure you are ready for a baseball, but you never know what Santa might bring to you.

I really think that 2011 is going to be a wonderful year for all of us. I cannot wait for the memories and fun times ahead. You are the most wonderful, happy baby. You bring so much joy to our lives. Thank you, Ryan, for a fantastic six months.

I love you, Little Bear Cub!

No comments:

Post a Comment